Welcome to the North Central Texas Aging and Disability Resource Center
The North Central Texas Aging and Disability Resource Center (NCTADRC) is funded by Texas Health and Human Services and led by the North Central Texas Council of Governments, with support from our many partner agencies.
The NCTADRC provides options counseling services to people who live in Collin, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell, and Wise counties. Options counseling services help people of all ages who have disabilities – as well as people who want to plan in advance of disability – locate and access community-based services that support independent living. We don’t provide direct services, such as attendant care or transportation, but serve as a resource connection.
We’re familiar with a broad range of federal, state and local programs. We have specialized knowledge of the following programs.
- Medicaid waiver programs, such as STAR+PLUS, Home and Community Services, and Community Living Assistance and Support Services
- Medicare, Medicare Savings Programs, and Medicare Low-Income Subsidies
- SNAP (formerly known as food stamps)
- Area Agency on Aging programs for people age 60 and over and their family caregivers
- Veterans Administration programs
- Subsidized housing for low-income older and disabled persons
We target people who are returning to their homes from nursing homes, assisted living facilities, hospitals, and rehabilitation centers.
Our services are made available at no cost to people with disabilities, their caregivers, and people who want to plan in advance of need, regardless of their income.
Drive a Clean Machine Program
Residents of Collin, Denton, Ellis, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker or Rockwall counties may be eligible for up to $600 to repair or $3500 to replace their vehicle. Apply today at www.nctcog.org/airchecktexas or call 1-800-898-9103.